I’m always up for eating Mexican cuisine. I’m all about the corn, the beans, and chili peppers. This Mexican salad bowl has variety, texture, and a lot of sass. To have leftovers I added brown rice and my rock n’ homemade guac to the salad bowl. I also added more lettuce to get the crunchy texture in substitute to corn tortillas. The key to a successful Mexican salad bowl is adding as many tasty layers as you can fit. By all means, add your personal flare to the bowl like a zesty salsa. I’d love some inspo. Invest in the freshest and brightest ingredients and you will reap the flavor.
- 3 avocados peeled, pitted, and mashed
- 1 lime, juiced
- lots of salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup diced purple onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 large tomato chopped (after chopping the tomato pour in a sieve and let it drain while tossing with salt to rid excess water)
In a bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, salt and pepper. Add the onion, cilantro, garlic, and tomato. Serve right away or store in refrigerator up to 1 hour for best flavor.